Wellness Center Telehealth Appointments at Swem
The William & Mary Counseling Center is offering two private rooms in the Swem library. These rooms can be reserved only for the purpose of telemental health appointments at the Counseling Center. You can only reserve the amount of time needed for your appointment. Most appointments will require a 1-hour room reservation. There are a few exceptions. For example, some groups may last 1 hour and 30 minutes. In this case, please reserve an extra 15 minutes (total 1 hour and 45 minutes) to ensure time for clean up when you are done and transition for the next reservation. You can reserve the room in advance for a regularly scheduled appointment (e.g., weekly groups). Each room will have videoconferencing equipment set up for your appointment. Be sure to log out of the system once your appointment is over.
The Counseling Center will monitor compliance with the above rules to ensure that the space is being used for the intended purpose. When making your reservation, please use your first and last initial of your name to better protect your confidentiality. You will be required to enter an email address. Swem employee access to the reservation system will be limited.
Although these rooms are meant to provide you with a quiet, private space for your appointment, there are potential limitations to confidentiality. Given that the space is reserved for the Counseling Center, just making a reservation or walking into the room would suggest, to the few administrators with reservation system access or to anyone witnessing you walking in or out of the room, that you are receiving mental health services (not much different than someone seeing you walking into the Counseling Center). Furthermore, the Counseling Center cannot ensure your privacy in the same ways as if you were at the Center. For example, some rooms are accessed through a public space and we cannot guarantee that there will be no interruptions. Should you have any concerns, please consult with your counselor.
How to reserve a room:
- Click the "Go to Date" button below to select a day.
- Click a green square to select a time. The app will schedule you for an hour appointment.
- To request a longer appointment, select an end time in the dropdown field above the blue "Submit Times" button. The max time available is for a 1 hour and 45 minute appointment. (Time for clean-up is built in).
- Click the "Submit Times" button and follow the instructions to complete your reservation. You will get a confirmation email as well as a reminder email before your appointment.
- You can use your initials instead of your name for the reservation form.
- Hang on to your confirmation email in case you need to cancel your appointment.
- The rooms are located on the 2nd floor of Swem and are equipped with videoconferencing equipment. Make sure you logout of the computer before you leave.